Skin burns often leaves a scar that can be difficult to fade away and be a constant reminder of the painful memory.
So here we are suggesting some effective home remedies using traditional Indian herbs to get rid of burn scars by effectively.
1. Lemon can help gently remove the dead skin and help the skin rejuvenate. Lemon has acidic properties that naturally lighten the scars. Freshly squeezed tomato juice is a natural bleaching agent and naturally cures the burn marks. Here’s how you can use this:
- Rinse the burn with cool (room temperature) water.
- You will need two clean cloths, a fresh lemon.
- The burn mark should first be rinsed thoroughly under cold water.
- Now, place a moistened washcloth on the burn mark for a few hours.
- Meanwhile, keep some fresh lemon juice ready.
- Now, moisten the other washcloth with fresh lemon juice and dab the burn mark gently.
- Due to its strong natural bleaching effect, you can get rid of the burn mark in just a few days.
- Repeat this procedure about twice a day on a regular basis to be rid of burn marks.
2. Another good way to remove scars at home is to use almond oil.
- Gently massage the scar with almond oil.
- Massaging the scar twice a day will help to progressively reduce the scars.
3. Fenugreek seeds also help in getting rid of scars.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind it into a fine paste.
- Now apply this mixture gently on to the burn marks and leave it on.
- Once the paste has dried completely, you can wash it off with water.
- Apply this paste regularly to remove the scars.
- Cold water with turmeric also has antiseptic properties which work well on burnt skin.
- Methi also helps in beating other hair and skin problems like acne, hair fall etc
4. Lavender essential oil is a very effective antiseptic that reduces pain and promotes rapid healing. In addition, lavender reduces scarring.
- When lavender oil is applied to a burn very quickly, the burn may heal with no scarring at all.
- For larger burns, pour lavender oil onto a gauze or cloth and apply to the burn every few hours.
5. Another age-old remedy is Potato peels. It provide moisture and they also have anti-bacterial properties that help in healing. Doctors have found that potato peel bandages work better for minor burns than conventional dressings.
- Peel a potato and apply them on the burnt area.
- You can even wrap them around the area like a bandage for added relief.
Follow shine Mantraz for more updates.